“Evansdale”

1913 : Wanted – Youth used to horses and ploughing. Wage 5 five shillings per day and board, good references. John Chaseling, “Evansdale”, Sackville North.
1914 : At the residence of the bride’s parents, on the 10th June, a quiet wedding was solemnised between Mr. Hilton S. Law, youngest son of the late Mr. Henry Law, “East View”, Lower Portland, and Miss Edith Chaseling, second daughter of Mr. John Chaseling of “Evansdale”, Sackville Reach. The officiating clergyman being the Rev. B. Hobson, Methodist Minister.
1915 : Golden Wedding – Turnbull & Manning. October 3rd 1865, at the Methodist Church, Sackville Reach, John Warr, fifth son of the late George and Louisa Turnbull, of “Evansdale”; to Ann, second eldest daughter of the late George and Elizabeth Manning of Sackville Reach.
1922 : Mr. C. M. Hayes reports having sold the following property, “Evansdale”, Sackville North, on account Mr. B. F. Herps, 150 acres river frontage, together with 30 head of live stock, poultry, all agricultural implements, etc. to Messrs. Beveridge and Ellis.
1924 : This Saturday, 31st May, Messrs. J.B. Johnston and Co. will submit to auction at the Royal Hotel, Windsor, an orchard property of over 147 acres, known as “Evansdale”, at Sackville North, on the banks of the Hawkesbury River, now in the occupation of Mr. Keith G. Beveridge. There is a large orchard of citrus and stone fruit on the property, also a comfortable residence and outbuildings. [SHRB.22]

Sackville North Public School

shrb09

Former Sackville North Public School Building [SHRB.14]

 An application for the establishment of a Public School at Sackville was received by the Council of Education in 1875. Built of sandstone with a teacher’s residence attached, the building was officially opened on the 25th January 1879 and today forms part of the Brewongle Environmental Education Centre. [SHRB.14]